Working in my studio at home, I teach students from age 10 to adult, beginners to professional/advanced. I teach a wide variety of repertoire including Opera, Lieder, Folk songs, Music Theatre and Jazz. Twice a year, I organise a student concert at a local church for all my vocal students, to enable them to gain performance experience, to hear each other, and for parents and friends to celebrate their progress.
My students at school and in private practice have the opportunity to take Associated Board and LCMM (Music Theatre) examinations. In both cases, I have 100% pass rate to date, with 42% achieving distinction (Associated Board) and 70% achieving Distinction (Music Theatre), the balance gaining merit with both boards. Many of my students have been prize winners at Stratford and East London Music Festival, and noteable student successes include, ‘Jonathan and Charlotte’ (BGT finalists 2012 and recording contract with Sony Music), students entering Music conservatoires and Performing Arts Colleges.
Musical Training and Qualifications
- Vocal and teaching diplomas (Trinity College of Music, London -1997&1999)
- Teaching singing to children and the adolescent voice. (Jenevora Williams/Vocal Process – 2009)
- Accent Breathing for singers (City Lit – 2009)
- Fundamentals of the singing voice 1 and 2 (City Lit and BVA -2010) – (Anatomy, Physiology, Acoustics and Health of the singing voice)
- Estill for Singing Teachers (Anne-Marie Speed – April 2014)
- On going professional development through Association of Teachers of Singing (AOTOS), British Voice Association, (BVA), Vocal Process, Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music, Sing Up.
- Periodic vocal tuition (self) – Anne Marie Speed, Kim Chandler, Linda Hutchison.